Framingham Personal Injury Lawyer
It can be difficult to understand your rights after suffering an injury in an accident that was someone else’s fault. If you’ve been injured due to the wrongful or neglectful actions of another, you have the right to pursue a personal injury claim for the full value of your damages.
At Brooks Law, our Framingham personal injury lawyers are here to investigate your accident, determine who was to blame, build your case, and help you to seek the compensation you deserve.
When you’ve suffered an injury, our team is just a phone call away. Contact us now for a free claim review and legal advice about your best options for recovery.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases Our Firm Handles in Framingham
Our lawyers have years of experience working on a variety of different personal injury cases. We want to reassure you that if you have been injured in an accident, regardless of the type of accident, we are prepared to help you and have the resources that your case demands.
Our personal injury practice areas include:
- Automobile accidents. Many of the clients we represent have been harmed in motor vehicle accidents – one of the leading causes of injuries and death in Framingham and surrounding areas. We can investigate the true cause of the crash that harmed you, seek out all sources of coverage, calculate your losses, build your case, and negotiate with insurers on your behalf.
- Truck and commercial vehicle crashes. Crashes involving large trucks and commercial vehicles are often especially complex due to the size of these vehicles and the severe injuries that typically result, the difficulty in determining the cause of the collision, and the fact there are usually multiple potentially liable parties.
- Motorcycle, pedestrian, and bicycle accidents. If you have been struck while walking, riding a bike, or riding a motorcycle in Framingham, you are likely dealing with catastrophic injuries and damages that will affect you long-term. Let our experienced lawyers build your case and help you pursue the compensation that you deserve.
- Medical malpractice. Being harmed at the hands of your doctor is something you surely never expected. In fact, the opposite is likely true. If you have suffered harm due to medical malpractice, you may have the right to bring a claim, and our lawyers can help.
- Defective product claims. Products should be reasonably safe for consumers to use. When they contain a manufacturing or design defect that makes them unsafe, a consumer may be harmed as a direct result. If you’ve been injured by a defective product, don’t hesitate to contact our attorneys about your potential right to compensation.
- Slips, trips, and falls. Slipping, tripping, and falling at work, on public property or in a store, or in another location can cause serious injuries, ranging from soft tissue injuries to head injuries and more. If the slip and fall was the result of a dangerous condition on the property, you may have the right to hold the property owner liable for your damages.
- Dog bites. As sweet as some dogs may be, dogs are also animals that can viciously attack, often without warning or provocation. If you have been bitten by someone else’s dog, reach out to our law firm to learn more about holding the dog’s owner – and their insurance company – liable for your damages.
- Workplace accidents. Workplace accidents are common in virtually any line of work. When they occur, workers’ compensation insurance typically pays for medical expenses and a portion of a workers’ lost wages. If someone other than the employer or a co-worker contributed to a worker’s harm, the worker may step outside the workers’ compensation system and bring a negligence-based claim.
Compensation in a Personal Injury Claim
When you have been injured due to the negligent actions of another party, you have the right to seek compensation for the full extent of your losses, both economic and noneconomic, that you have suffered as a result of that party’s negligence.
Our lawyers can assist you in seeking compensation for your:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage expenses
- Emotional anguish, diminished quality of life, and more
Keep in mind that your damages can be reduced in proportion to your degree of fault if you contributed to the accident in any way. For example, if you are found to be 10 percent to blame in a car accident claim, your recoverable damages award will be reduced by 10 percent. You could recover only 90 percent of your losses.
Statute of Limitations on Injury Claims
You do not have an unlimited amount of time to file a personal injury claim in Framingham after suffering an injury. Instead, your time is limited by the statute of limitations.
Found in Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 260 Section 2A, all actions for personal injury must be started within three years from the date that an injury occurs. If you wait longer than three years from the date of your accident to bring a claim, it is very unlikely that your case will be heard, and you will be unable to seek compensation.
For this reason, our lawyers strongly recommend reaching out to discuss your case and start the process as soon as possible after an accident.
How Our Framingham Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You
Our Framingham personal injury attorneys are ready to commit our full attention to your case if you have suffered an injury that wasn’t your fault. Our services are comprehensive, and include launching a full investigation into your case to determine the true cause of your accident and identifying the liable party, working with accident reconstruction and other experts to build your claim, calculating your damages, issuing a demand letter to the insurance company, reviewing any settlement offers, negotiating your claim, and more. Our lawyers also have litigation experience, and can file a lawsuit and bring your case to court if necessary.
To schedule your free consultation with our Framingham personal injury lawyers, please call us directly or send us a message now. We can start work on your case immediately.